oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree.

About this time of the year, 3 years ago. I was a roberts-a-holic. I went there all the time. I would just go to browse and maybe buy something... This random morning (which was weird for me, because I don't usually leave the house until 1, ever) I decided to hit Robert's to get my 'fix' he he. It happened that I went on the morning that they were marking all their Christmas Trees to 90% off. Everyone was trying to find that 'perfect' tree. As soon as I heard what everyone was frantic about, I went down the first isle I saw. And found the first Christmas Tree I saw without a SOLD sign on it. It turned out, to be in 2 huge boxes, which wouldn't even fit in my car. I just knew I had to buy it though, because... it was 90% off. Didn't know if it would fit in my house, but that was MY tree. I bought the thing. Which I paid $59, and it had a price tag of $599. Dang, huh? I was proud. I called Spencer up to bring his truck to pick up our new Christmas Tree. It stored nicely in the two HUGE boxes the first year. Last year was our first year setting it up, and we were fighting it to fit back in the boxes after. When we pulled it down this year, the boxes had tore, and were busting at the seams. There was no way it was going back in them. So we left our tree up until tonight. We brainstormed how to package this thing, because it would not fit into anything, even Rubbermaid containers. (that was a fight in itself) We planned on putting it in a refrigerator box. But... the box is so huge that it didn't fit through our front door. We came down to wrapping it....


We broke the tree into three sections. This is the bottom third. All in all, i LOVE my tree, but HATE storing it. It is officially put away for the next 10 months, even if we are 24 days late...

2 super awesome comments! :

Nat Lud said...

Hey, whatever works!

Alicia said...

you should have posted a picture of your pretty tree in all its pretyness too.

Copyright © 2013 Spencer and Shelley Whittaker