first day fishing!

I am so far behind, and don't know where to start blogging. We'll start with my first fishing trip! A couple weeks ago we were forced into our first vacation of the summer. And when I say forced, we pretty much were. For over a month or two my dad had been all about us going to the lake. We were able to procrastinate, and ditch the first lake trip. (he went with cami and tyler) but you can only push it off so long with him. He is just so retired and ancy. We decided we need to just do it. We planned a Wednesday afternoon off. We convinced him, not sand hollow. Too hot! We decided on Yankee??... i think that was the one... anyways. The night before we prepared ourselves for the first vacation of the summer that we did not have time for. We bought me and Spencer fishing poles and licenses. Which, by the way, my pole is the bomb!! Spencer had this crazy idea he is going to take up fishing. I kind of had to also, or that would be lame. After work we headed up to the lake. Took forever with my dad driving, but I was glad to be squished in back. The lake was actually perfect. There was only a couple people even on the lake, it was warm but with a slight breeze, and everything went as planned. Spencer loaded up my pole and we just dropped it right off the boat. Within one minute, there was a fish!! Ah, we really didn't want one. I reeled it in but was screaming like a little girl the whole time! Those things are just so nasty! Anyways, my dad took it off the hook to throw it back in, but not before a picture!



hahaha! i about die everytime I look at it. We cruised the lake for about 2 hours, roasted some hot dogs, and headed home. We were totally dreading the whole trip, but it turned out to be good after all. whew!

0 super awesome comments! :

Copyright © 2013 Spencer and Shelley Whittaker