THE WINNING PIN!

Okay, okay. This is not the winning pin of the iPad. It is just the one I picked up to wear on day two at ADA. My classmates decided one of them should be wearing the winning pin. Wasn't as lucky for them, but still they insisted. (I just have to say, It looks like it would be an anti-dentist pin. Weird...)




Where should I start? School is horrible! I hate it. I hate waking up so early in the morning, I hate driving an extra 2 hours a day, I hate spending the extra money on gas, I hate paying the 6k per semester for school, but mostly I hate that like 17 out of 20 of us were 4.0 students. Most of the stuff we are learning is interesting but the biggest part that stresses me out is if you get a 76% or lower for a final grade you get booted. That's right, you get booted from the whole program. And good luck trying to get back in after getting kicked out. The girls and boy are so smart they keep the class average unbelievably high for most tests. Very stressful to say the least.

On the other hand, I am so incredibly blessed and thankful to be where I am. I wouldn't give it up for anything! I still am overwhelmed with getting in first try, now trying to keep up. It definitely is a struggle everyday.

Good news though, I am officially halfway through 1st semester. They say it gets slightly easier each semester. And starting next semester we don't have school on Fridays! Holy cow, that is going to be the only thing that keeps me sane.
Also I got a second Head and Neck Anatomy and Histology/Embryology test over with. This is the class that is most stressful. Strictly memorizing! The first test for each I thought I would be fine, but was very humbled with the scores. Anatomy was okay. But Histology/Embryology he tested us on what we learned in pre-reqs that lead to his class. I got a 74. Class average was 96. Embarassing to say the least. Also very frustrating. He is not made to be a professor though so when I talked to him, it ended worse than it started. The rest of my professors are amazing, but he is just different. Anyways test 2 went well. I got 88 and I am beyond happy with that.

This week we were required to hit the ADA convention. It was fun and lots of free stuff (SCORE!) Including an ipad I won (DOUBLE SCORE!! but they weren't going to give me cuz I am a student but I might of made the guy feel bad. OOPS :) ) I ran into a retired football player from the Dallas Cowboys. Then there was a Pawn Stars show right at the convention. We were still so busy at the convention, but I got my classes complete and left early. I was just done. I wanted to be home and my feet hurt from walking. We hit dinner Tuesday night with all the ladies, and guy. Then 3 of us headed back. We finally rolled into town at like 2 AM but I did get a nice mid morning nap that helped.







All in all, life is great and I wouldn't change it for anything :)

1 super awesome comments! :

Alicia said...

I like this post because it has words. :)

Copyright © 2013 Spencer and Shelley Whittaker