Where did 2011 go?
Here it is the end of December and I'm not ready! Another year has flown by. This year has been so rewarding, busy, and great; I can't complain. We are so blessed. I knew everything would fall into place.
It started with me applying to the dental hygiene program. I had it set in my mind I wasn't getting in. I figured I would finish my associates degree for the heck of it. I had no real reason why, but I only had 13 credits left. I am so thankful I did though. It just came up a month ago that if hadn't got it at SUU, I would of had to take an additional 8-10 classes at Dixie to get a bachelors.
With the business we hired a secretary this year. I am so grateful for her! She is 200 times better than I was, and I don't know what we would of done without her. She keeps Spencer in line and rocks at keeping Alpine Lawns organized.
I started school in August. It's a love/hate relationship. I like what I will do, but I hate the pressure they keep us all under. I LOVE all the girls... and lloyd, in our class. We all get along really well, which is hard with 19 girls together all day, everyday. We got 1 semester down, 4 left. We had to each take 19 credits which was more than I ever had, plus traveling. It was a very busy semester but I am proud to say I got 3 B+, 4 A-, and 1 A.

A few months ago we FINALLY fixed the Ford F350 that was wrecked 2 years ago! We haven't really needed it, but figured it was time. It's not brand new, but it works for a work truck. We ended up buying a plow for it heading right into winter. Not the wisest purchase right when we have no work until April, but it was a pretty good deal. We plowed for the first time and the front end went out. Awesome right? Got that fixed, now were just waiting for more snow to fall. Spencer's not wishing for it, but a pay check would be great going into January. Here is a before and after.


Our business lot looks kinda like a junk yard. But our neighbor is a REAL junk yard. We picked up this fifth wheel for dirt cheap. Spencer thinks we might use it a couple times, I'm thinking about selling it. SO ugly. I'm sure Spencer wont want to store it.

We went snowmobiling for the first time this winter on New Years Eve. I love it, when were on the trail at least. I can't let Spencer know I enjoy it too much, or he might push the 'we should buy a snowmobile or 2' issue. So that is on my next year budget. During the summer buy a used snowmobile and hide it until next Christmas. Hmm... we'll see how that goes. AND Spencer doesn't read this blog, so NO ONE tell him the plan, okay? :)

I know, I know BAD picture. I look like a man and Spencer's hat and shirt is AWESOMEEEE!
My side of the family might really enjoy this part of the year... You all know the Green Golf Tournament Jacket Spencer won at the last family reunion's golf tourny? We had big plans for it this year, but sad to say the first time we busted it out was for church on Christmas. HA! The people that saw him didn't know if it was Christmas-y or just Spencer being... himself. I was dying laughing. We made a rule we could wear what we want on Christmas so he insisted on wearing it the WHOLE day. I wore my grinch pj's :)

Anyways, that's the last few months in a nutshell!
It started with me applying to the dental hygiene program. I had it set in my mind I wasn't getting in. I figured I would finish my associates degree for the heck of it. I had no real reason why, but I only had 13 credits left. I am so thankful I did though. It just came up a month ago that if hadn't got it at SUU, I would of had to take an additional 8-10 classes at Dixie to get a bachelors.
With the business we hired a secretary this year. I am so grateful for her! She is 200 times better than I was, and I don't know what we would of done without her. She keeps Spencer in line and rocks at keeping Alpine Lawns organized.
I started school in August. It's a love/hate relationship. I like what I will do, but I hate the pressure they keep us all under. I LOVE all the girls... and lloyd, in our class. We all get along really well, which is hard with 19 girls together all day, everyday. We got 1 semester down, 4 left. We had to each take 19 credits which was more than I ever had, plus traveling. It was a very busy semester but I am proud to say I got 3 B+, 4 A-, and 1 A.

A few months ago we FINALLY fixed the Ford F350 that was wrecked 2 years ago! We haven't really needed it, but figured it was time. It's not brand new, but it works for a work truck. We ended up buying a plow for it heading right into winter. Not the wisest purchase right when we have no work until April, but it was a pretty good deal. We plowed for the first time and the front end went out. Awesome right? Got that fixed, now were just waiting for more snow to fall. Spencer's not wishing for it, but a pay check would be great going into January. Here is a before and after.

Our business lot looks kinda like a junk yard. But our neighbor is a REAL junk yard. We picked up this fifth wheel for dirt cheap. Spencer thinks we might use it a couple times, I'm thinking about selling it. SO ugly. I'm sure Spencer wont want to store it.
We went snowmobiling for the first time this winter on New Years Eve. I love it, when were on the trail at least. I can't let Spencer know I enjoy it too much, or he might push the 'we should buy a snowmobile or 2' issue. So that is on my next year budget. During the summer buy a used snowmobile and hide it until next Christmas. Hmm... we'll see how that goes. AND Spencer doesn't read this blog, so NO ONE tell him the plan, okay? :)

I know, I know BAD picture. I look like a man and Spencer's hat and shirt is AWESOMEEEE!
My side of the family might really enjoy this part of the year... You all know the Green Golf Tournament Jacket Spencer won at the last family reunion's golf tourny? We had big plans for it this year, but sad to say the first time we busted it out was for church on Christmas. HA! The people that saw him didn't know if it was Christmas-y or just Spencer being... himself. I was dying laughing. We made a rule we could wear what we want on Christmas so he insisted on wearing it the WHOLE day. I wore my grinch pj's :)
Anyways, that's the last few months in a nutshell!
3 super awesome comments! :
Kinda a junkyard?! I don't know if kinda is the right choice. :) and you missed the best part about the scarf making extravaganza thanks to a lovely visit from your dear cousin. Sad.
Love the post!
Wow I couldn't do what you do :) good luck with school
Post a Comment