BAHAMAS!

WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD :)
I took lots of pictures so you can all feel like you were right there with us.

Last Tuesday we left right after my math class for Las Vegas to fly to Miami and cruise down to the Bahamas. Our plane left at 11:45 that night, to Chicago.
On our flight to Chicago, I guess there was a lady on the airplane that got really "sick." I didn't know anything was wrong until we pulled up and there was a fire truck and ambulance waiting for us. Still don't know what happened, but it was weird, especially the fire truck.
At Chicago we had a 3 1/2 hour lay over. Then off we were to Miami!

Spencer didn't have a problem with the flights. He slept through most, and he didn't have me nagging, 'do you think we're almost there?'

Miami, finally! I couldn't of been happier. I don't sleep in planes or cars so when we arrived at 1:00 Friday afternoon, I was exhausted!

On our shuttle to the Port of Miami. Spencer was halfway rested, and he likes to make fun of me in pictures, so I didn't take much of us, just the ship.


It was so nice in Miami. Totally like you imagine. Tons of palm trees between every freeway. Humid, but not like a muggy humid. A perfect 80 degrees!





Went through more security and got all checked in. Then we were off to our room, and get a ice cream :)


The pool and deck.


Miniature golf.


The water slide


The bar in the lobby.


Here is the auditorium. There is usually a show every night, and one of the nights Spencer had to go up with one of the dancers. He was supposed to be doing the macarena, but... well... if you know Spencer, that's not how it turned out. I was dying laughing, and the ladies behind we were loving it! I wish I could of got a picture, but didn't due to copyright, shmopyright. They are VERY on your back if they see the flash go off.


Here we are at our life jacket training. As you can tell, still have not got any more sleep by this time.


They also do a little show every dinner. The first night they were dancing to 'Get Low.' I was DYING laughing! That cute Chinese guy in front was my favorite. He was so nice, and didn't care that he kept falling over, cuz he didn't know how to 'get low' ha!



The Welcome Aboard show. They had to weave a spoon through their clothes. Pretty funny. That black guy was crakin me up!


Our room was right in the middle of the ship. This was our hall each way we looked. It really was a great spot, didn't feel the ship rock hardly ever.


They fold you an animal out of towels every evening.



Second night at dinner. The old lady was lovin' it.



There was a dancing party on the main deck that night. That cute little boy won a break dancing competition earlier that day. He was the cutest little guy, and loved dancing.

Can you find my cute husband? :)



This gross old couple was totally gettin freaky on the deck. ew.


Then I found she mad her way to Spencer. So funny!



Bahamas!




The swarm you right after you get on land to rent a scooter, but they drive on the opposite side of the street, and a little crazy so we opted out and walked down to the beach.




After we had another day at sea. We did a lot of eating, sleeping, laying out, and hittin the shows. It was so relaxing, and nice to just be away.
After the cruise ended, we took our shuttle back to Miami Airport. At that point we took another shuttle to our hotel to sleep a little before the flights back.
Flying into Chicago, again.

Not sure what lake this is, but its touching Chicago.


We had a short 45 minute lay over. Just enough time to get off, grab breakfast, and load again. And we got into Vegas 30 Minutes early. Drove home, and headed back to math. I'm finally catching up on sleep, and have loads of laundry and cleaning to do this weekend. We are defently going back in a few years, but only for a cruise for atleast a week long, if not a month long :)
More good news: starting Monday, only 5 weeks left of school this semester! YAHOOO!

4 super awesome comments! :

Alicia said...

I hate you. That looked like so much fun!!! Next time you guys plan on going let us know and we can go on a fun trip together!!! I'm serious.

Nat Lud said...

So glad you guys got to get away. Looks like a ton of fun! Maybe someday we'll join you . . .after we get passports! ;)

You are so lucky! It can't get any better than that. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Melissa said...

How fun! Thats where Bry and I went for our honeymoon! Love the cruise and the Bahamas! Glad you had fun!

Copyright © 2013 Spencer and Shelley Whittaker