day five.
As of right now I'm skipping day three and four. I just can't decide. If i feel like i should go back and do them i will, until then... you get day five. :)
Something I hope to do in my life...
This might seem super lame, but i hope to be awesome like my momma. My dad wasn't the best, so my mom was always super layed back. I harass her more then i should, and have said some things that were very mean. Lets just say, i have a hard time being nice and giving complements. Even after she doesn't think i appreciated her. I do. More than any words could explain. Without knowing it, she has taught me so much. I feel so grateful that I did grow up in a not so pleasant environment, so when i got onto my own, i KNEW i did not want to marry someone like my dad. Even though my mom stuck it out until I was 7, she taught me how important a real husband is. I know she didn't mean to push it upon me, but i learned from her mistakes and it made me that much better. I feel like if i didn't go through that, there is a good chance I could of married someone not as awesome as Spencer. She taught me what to be aware of and not to settle for anything less.
Another thing she taught me about was finances. I know how to budget money(maybe a little too much, but that's what pushes me into the tightwad category) She taught me since i was little, 'you always pay your bills first'. She taught me credit is a love-hate relationship. I buy what I need, but its paid off in full every month. I see how scary it can be to get caught up and stuck paying 29% interest.
Another thing, is church. If you would of asked me 5 years ago, i would of never thought I would be where i am now. I am so grateful to have such an awesome hubby that pushes me into things i don't want to do, but know i need to. Like church and school. I'm glad my mom taught me how important both are. I understand now :)
I feel like I have been ranting and raving, but someday in my life i hope that me and Spencer can teach our children how important all this stuff is, with out having to go through what I did. I hope I can make my kids proud of me. That would be my life long goal.
Something I hope to do in my life...
This might seem super lame, but i hope to be awesome like my momma. My dad wasn't the best, so my mom was always super layed back. I harass her more then i should, and have said some things that were very mean. Lets just say, i have a hard time being nice and giving complements. Even after she doesn't think i appreciated her. I do. More than any words could explain. Without knowing it, she has taught me so much. I feel so grateful that I did grow up in a not so pleasant environment, so when i got onto my own, i KNEW i did not want to marry someone like my dad. Even though my mom stuck it out until I was 7, she taught me how important a real husband is. I know she didn't mean to push it upon me, but i learned from her mistakes and it made me that much better. I feel like if i didn't go through that, there is a good chance I could of married someone not as awesome as Spencer. She taught me what to be aware of and not to settle for anything less.
Another thing she taught me about was finances. I know how to budget money(maybe a little too much, but that's what pushes me into the tightwad category) She taught me since i was little, 'you always pay your bills first'. She taught me credit is a love-hate relationship. I buy what I need, but its paid off in full every month. I see how scary it can be to get caught up and stuck paying 29% interest.
Another thing, is church. If you would of asked me 5 years ago, i would of never thought I would be where i am now. I am so grateful to have such an awesome hubby that pushes me into things i don't want to do, but know i need to. Like church and school. I'm glad my mom taught me how important both are. I understand now :)
I feel like I have been ranting and raving, but someday in my life i hope that me and Spencer can teach our children how important all this stuff is, with out having to go through what I did. I hope I can make my kids proud of me. That would be my life long goal.
1 super awesome comments! :
Oh Shelly, that made me cry. Im a good way, seriously. Very touching.
Post a Comment